Last updated June 19, 2015
The Board, management and staff of Investors Bancorp and its affiliates and/or subsidiaries (hereafter referred to as “Investors,” “we,” “us” or “our”), highly value our customer and consumer relationships and are acutely aware of the trust and responsibilities these relationships entail. We are committed to offering our customers an attractive menu of financial products and services to help them meet their financial goals. In so doing, however, we are mindful of our obligation to ensure that the privacy of the sensitive personal and financial information entrusted to us is not compromised.
This Online Privacy Notice (Notice) describes how interfaces (i.e., web site or mobile application) may collect, use and share information from or about you, and explains how information may be collected and used for advertising and other purposes. The Notice applies to this Investors Bank online interface and any Investors Bank affiliate and/or subsidiary online interface that links to this Notice. Investors Bank may provide other online interfaces not covered by this Notice, so please review the online privacy practices of each interface to understand how your online information may be collected, used and shared.
For account holders visiting this interface, we may use and share any information that we collect from or about you in accordance with our Privacy Notice and Opt-Out Form, which provides choices in the use and sharing of information.
By using this interface, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Notice.
Information We May Collect
Personal Information We May Collect Online
Personal Information means personally identifiable information such as information you provide via forms, surveys, applications or other online fields including but not limited to name, postal or email addresses, telephone or mobile numbers, or account numbers. Personal Information may also be obtained from third parties such as credit bureaus.
Other Information We May Collect Online
Other Information is any information other than Personal Information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual, such as browser information, information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies, demographic information, other information provided by you such as your date of birth or household income, and aggregated and anonymous data. We and our third-party service providers may collect and use Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Cookies: Cookies are pieces of information stored directly on the device you are using. Cookies we use do not contain or capture unencrypted Personal Information. Cookies allow us to collect information such as browser type, time spent on the Interface, pages interfaced, language preferences, inferred demographic info, and your relationship with us. We may use the information for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display information more effectively, to personalize your experience while engaging with us, and to recognize your device to allow your use of our online products and services. We collect statistical information about the usage of the Interface in order to continually improve the design and functionality, to monitor responses to our advertisements and content, to understand how account holders and visitors use the Interface and to assist us with resolving questions regarding the Interface. We also utilize cookies for advertising purposes. You can refuse to accept these cookies and most devices and browsers offer their own privacy settings for cookies. You will need to manage your cookie settings for each device and browser you use. However, if you do not accept these cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of the Interface and some online products and services. For example, we will not be able to recognize your device and you will need to answer a challenge question each time you log on. You also may not receive tailored advertising or other offers from us that may be relevant to your interests and needs.
- Technologies including pixel tags, web beacons, and clear GIFs: These may be used in connection with some Interface pages, downloadable mobile applications and HTML-formatted email messages to measure the effectiveness of our communications, the success of our marketing campaigns, to compile statistics about usage and response rates, to personalize/tailor your experience while engaging with us online and offline, for fraud detection and prevention, for security purposes, for advertising, and to assist us in resolving account holders’ questions regarding use of our Interface.
- Flash cookies: We may use local shared objects, sometimes known as Flash cookies, to store your preferences and to assist with online authentication by allowing us to recognize you and your device when you return to the Website or an Application. This permits us to display content based upon what you view on our websites and applications to personalize your use of the Services. Our advertisers and third-party service providers also may use Flash cookies to collect and store information. Flash cookies are different from browser cookies because of the amount and type of data, as well as how data is stored.
- Location tracking on mobile devices: Certain applications on mobile devices may transmit information to us about your location when you request information from them. An example includes your physical location when you search for a nearby ATM using your mobile device. We may use that information to improve the products and services we provide to you as well as improving our services generally in your area.
- Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers and/or through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, device type, screen resolution, operating system version and internet browser type and version. We use this information to ensure Interfaces function properly, for fraud detection and prevention, and security purposes.
- IP Address: Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to the device that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the Interface, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were interfaced. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the internet and is done automatically by many web interfaces. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating Interface usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, to personalize/tailor your experience while engaging with us online and offline, for compliance and security purposes, for advertising, and administering the Interface.
- Aggregated and Anonymous Data: Aggregated and Anonymous Data is data that we may create or compile from various sources, including but not limited to accounts and transactions. This information, which does not identify individual account holders, may be used for our business purposes, which may include offering products or services, research, marketing or analyzing market trends, and other purposes consistent with applicable laws.
- Third party widgets: We may allow certain widgets (e.g., social share buttons) on our Interfaces that enable users to easily share information on another platform, such as a social media platform. The third parties that own these widgets may have access to information about your browsing on pages of our Interfaces where these widgets are placed. You may wish to review information at the third party interface, such as social media platforms where you have an account, to determine how these third parties collect and treat such information.
How We May Use and Share Your Information
Investors Bank advertises online (e.g., pages within our web site and mobile apps, through bank-managed social media presences, and on other interfaces and mobile apps not affiliated with Investors Bank) and offline (e.g. in branches, through call centers, and direct marketing). In order to understand how advertising performs, we may collect certain information on our Interfaces and other interfaces and mobile apps through our advertising service providers using the methods and technologies detailed above. Investors Bank uses information described in this Notice to help advertise our products and services, including prescreened offers of credit, in a variety of ways.
How We May Use Your Personal and Other Information
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests;
- to personalize your experience on the Interface;
- to inform you about important information regarding the Interface, products or services for which you apply or may be interested in applying for, or in which you are already enrolled, changes to terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information;
- to deliver marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you, including, ads or offers tailored to you;
- to allow you to apply for products or services and evaluate your eligibility for such products or services;
- to allow you to use Interface financial planning tools; information that you enter into one of these planning tools may be stored for future access and use;
- to verify your identity and/or location (or the identity or location of your representative or agent) in order to allow access to your accounts, conduct online transactions and to maintain measures aimed at preventing fraud and protecting the security of account and Personal Information;
- to allow you to participate in surveys and other forms of market research, sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which may contain additional information about how Personal Information is used and shared;
- to consolidate your financial account information at one online location, collected through aggregation services; understand what product or service may be of interest to you; and present you with offers;
- for risk control, for fraud detection and prevention, to comply with laws and regulations, and to comply with other legal process and law enforcement requirements;
- for business purposes, including data analysis, audits, developing and improving products and services, enhancing the Interface, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns;
- to allow you to utilize features within our Interfaces by granting us access to information from your device such as contact lists, or geo-location when you request certain services.
- to present tailored ads to you, including:
- Banner ads and splash ads that appear as you sign on or off of your online accounts on our Interfaces, within mobile banking and other mobility applications
- E-mail, postal mail, and telemarketing, and,
- On other interfaces and mobile apps not affiliated with Investors Bank;
- To advertise and to analyze data with various Google services, including, but not limited to, Remarketing with Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting, and other integrated services that require Google Analytics to collect data via advertising and anonymous identifiers;
- for any other purposes that we may specifically disclose at the time you provide or we collect your information.
How We May Tailor Ads:
Relationship based advertising
In order to help make our advertising informative and useful, we may use information about your relationship with us (such as types of accounts, transactional information or the state in which you bank) to help determine which advertisements or offers to present to you.
Online Behavioral Advertising
We or our advertising service providers may use certain information about your activities on our Interfaces, such as pages interfaced and search keywords entered to help determine which of our advertisements or offers may be of interest to you. We limit access and collection of information for specific purposes by advertising service providers. We may use this online information for online and offline advertising.
Advertising on Third Party Interfaces and Mobile Apps
Investors Bank may contract with advertising companies to advertise our products and services on interfaces and mobile apps not affiliated with us. We may use Aggregated and Anonymous Data and information provided by you to these third party interfaces and mobile apps to select which of our advertisements or offers may appeal to you, display them to you and monitor your responses. Third Party interfaces and mobile apps are not subject to Investors Bank Privacy Notices. Please visit the individual interfaces and mobile apps for additional information on their data and privacy practices and opt out policies.
Online Behavioral Advertising on third party interfaces and mobile apps
Some of our tailored ads are online behavioral advertising, and may be served using data collected by third party providers. Ads served on our behalf by these companies do not contain unencrypted Personal Information and we limit the use of information by companies that serve our ads.
How to Opt Out of Some Third Party Advertising and Data Collection
You may be able to opt out of some advertising on third party sites by utilizing the Digital Advertising Alliance’s tool,Network Advertising Initiative’s tool, Google Ad Settings, or other similar services. The opt out choices you select are stored in opt out cookies only in that device’s browser, so you should separately set your preferences for other browsers or computers you may use. Deleting browser cookies can remove your opt out preferences, so you should visit the tools periodically to review your preferences, or update to include new participating companies. Please note that even if you opt out of third party advertising, you may still see or receive advertisements from us; they just won’t be customized based on your web-browsing activities on third-party websites.
How Information is Shared
Third Party Interfaces
Linking to Other Interfaces
We may provide links to third party interfaces. If you follow links to interfaces not affiliated or controlled by Investors Bank, you should review their privacy and security policies and other terms and conditions, as they may be different from those of our Interfaces. Investors Bank does not guarantee and is not responsible for the privacy or security of these interfaces, including the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of their information.
Social Media Interfaces
Using Other Aggregation Web Interfaces
Other companies offer aggregation web interfaces and services that allow you to consolidate your financial account information from different sources (such as your accounts with us or with other financial institutions) so that you can view all your account information at one online location. To do this, an aggregation provider may request access to Personal Information, such as financial information, usernames and passwords. You should use caution and ensure that the aggregator company has appropriate policies and practices to protect the privacy and security of any information you provide or to which they are gaining access. We are not responsible for the use or disclosure of any Personal Information accessed by any company or person to whom you provide your Interface username and password. If you provide your Interface username, password or other information about your accounts with us to an aggregation web interface, we will consider that you have authorized all transactions or actions initiated by an aggregation web interface using access information you provide, whether or not you were aware of a specific transaction or action. If you decide to revoke the authority you have given to an aggregation web interface, we strongly recommend that you change your password for the Interface to ensure that the aggregation web interface cannot continue to access your account.
Children’s Privacy Online
The Interface is not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that these individuals do not provide Personal Information through the Interface. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13 without parental consent. Visit the Federal Trade Commission web interface for more information about the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).
Updating Your Information
Keeping your account information up-to-date is very important. You may review or update certain account information by logging in to Online Banking. If you cannot change the incorrect information online, or you prefer to request changes offline, please use the Contact Us option on our site, or call or write to us using the contact information listed on your account statements, records, or other account materials. You can also speak to one of our branch representatives, your financial advisor, or your designated account representative.
Updates to This Privacy Notice
This Online Privacy Notice is subject to change. Please review it periodically. If we make changes to the Online Privacy Notice, we will revise the “Last Updated” date at the top of this Notice. Any changes to this Notice will become effective when we post the revised Notice on the Interface. Your use of the Interface following these changes means that you accept the revised Notice.